We all know that The Leather Dog Co are huge dog fans, and additionally we also know that dogs are well known as ‘a mans best friend’. We have been working to please dogs and dog owners alike for a nearly a year now, and it would be silly not to celebrate a day like yesterday, August 26, National Dog day.
All of us here at The Leather Dog Co are crazy about the dog pictures you send through to our email address email@example.com and love to see you tagging us in your doggie Instagram pictures, I mean… who doesn’t appreciate a cute dog pic. We especially like it if they are wearing one of our 100% soft leather, durable and fashion dog coats, collars, leads or harnesses… or indeed all.
It is well known that celebrities are some of those who adore sharing their canine friends to the social media world and we also receive great photos of our customer’s pets, which we would like to share with you…
Pet & Family Expert and Animal Advocate, Colleen Paige founded National Dog Day in 2004, which was created to help galvanize the public to recognise the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year. By acknowledging and showcasing family owned or working dogs on August 26 every year, the public are reminded that many people work selflessly to ensure dog’s lives are saved, protected or brought to ultimate comfort. Many of who may go on to help those who are disabled, trained to aid in police drug and bomb detection and acting as sturdy muscle when pulling certain victims out from car wreckages.
“Millions of dogs are killed each year because they’re simply unwanted, says Colleen Paige, founder of National Dog Day. They’re unwanted because no one realized how to properly care for the demands of the breed. They’re unwanted because they were bought as a Christmas gift for a child that didn’t keep their promises about caring for the dog…unwanted because they shed too much…unwanted because they bark too much. UNWANTED…simply because someone changed their mind. All a dog wants to do is love and protect you. That’s all. Dogs are amazing, courageous, sensitive and sentient beings that deserve compassion and respect. Please consider bringing what was once considered “unwanted love”, into your heart and home on National Dog Day and thereafter!”
National Dog was just yesterday, however that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate your canine friends all year round, National Dog Day suggest 15 ways to celebrate your dog:
1. Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
2. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your dog and others.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet shop that sells puppies.
5. Spend the year taking photos of your dog.
6. Assist an ill or elderly neighbour by walking their dog.
7. Have a portrait painted of your dog to suspend the fleeting magic of dogdom.
8. Buy your dog a fun new dog toy…. or two… or five.
9. Give your dog some fun exercise
10. Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
11. Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
12. Teach your dog a new trick.
13. Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
14. Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
15. Take your dog to the beach.